[Pix from JuanOsborne]
Recently, I have been hooked by my friend Jethro who introduce me to a great TV drama “The Mentalist” and I quickly found myself watching episode after episode just to find out more about Patrick Jane and his evil nemesis “Red John“. An entertaining show with unorthodox ways to solve cases. As Lisbon would love to says it “He close cases” +1 for Jane.
To me Patrick Jane and Cal Lightmen from Lie to Me are almost the same with the ways these two uses in order to solve a case. Loose cannon? Not lightly. Out of the line? Ya, Sometimes when the polite way to dealing with things just won’t cut it. They both are able to diffuse people, great insight of the human psyche, they are both naturally artful and able to judge people from various body languages.
What’s the difference between these two? Lightmen is a more of a serious type of character compare to Jane who has a easy-going personality until you bring up his Red John case. Lightmen is a huge lie detector with a fair bit of arrogance in him but this is all necessary to attack someone mentality in order to squish the truth out of them. While Jane is opposite of Lightmen but can be quite a pain in the ass as his way of dealing with things are to mess with his suspects.
One tough as nail physiologist and a show biz entertainer cum puzzle-solving consultant. I think a cross over episode should be in place as these two are pitted together to solve the Red John case as a finale. It might happens.. Who knows. They are both entertaining nonetheless and worth while to watch.
Well, both shows can be consider educational to me but that’s a big word. Let’s call it Life Skills since you can learn a lots of techniques in dealing with people and understand it all. Usefulness? Very. From what I read 90% of “Lie to me” is totally accurate according to a psychologist Pual Ekman working as a consultant for the show. We can only imagine what’s the other 10% is.
I’m currently is still in season 2 and will reach season 3 in a few more days. Download is still in progress while having my final exam for my English paper and programming paper this week.
One of my favorite scene in describing Red John.
An aspiring web developer, Japanese culture enthusiast, gamer, ardent cosplay appreciator and the writer of this blog. Hello world (^ o ^) /
- The Twist in Episode 5 of Attack On Titan 05/05/2013
- Gasai Yuno Cosplay By Judy Seven 23/04/2013
- Here comes spring, now the flower blooms 12/04/2013
- Dandonfuga Artworks 11/04/2013
- This Spring Will Be A Blast! Spring Anime Chart 2013 09/04/2013